This week, in food news: “Free Doughnuts Were Never the Problem” via FoodandWine.com
In What’s for Dinner? this week, Marisa is making Instant Pot risotto:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 4 1/3 cups hot broth (I used reconstituted better than bouillon)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2-4 tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- Directions: Saute onions and garlic in oil, toast rice, add liquid, high pressure for 6 minutes, manual pressure release, stir in peas and cheese, serve.
Coincidentally, in How’d You Make That? Joy’s got Instant Pot quinoa.
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 minute high pressure, let stand 12 minutes.
And in our Wild Card segment, we’re talking about how being vaccinated is and is not affecting our shopping, cooking, and eating lives.
In what we’re loving: The Rolser.
If you like what you hear, make sure to subscribe! Bonus points if you rate us or leave a review. Want to help us keep the lights on? Become a member via our Patreon page. Follow us on Instagram and twitter @localmouthful and help us spread the word about the show.