Does the Cut Change the Flavor? NPR was interested in how slicing and dicing affects a food’s flavor and so are we.
We talked about tonnato sauce, that wonderful chilled Italian tuna sauce. And here’s the recipe:
Tonnato sauce (Adapted from Joy of Cooking)
Makes 2 cups
- One 6-ounce can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (homemade preferred!)
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
Put everything in the blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Do you switch up what spirits you drink in the summer? We do.
Summer pies! Marisa recently tried and loved this unusual pie dough recipe.
And finally, it’s time for peaches. We especially like those grown at Three Springs Fruit Farm.